Rwanda Climate Change and Development Network (RCCDN) is a non-Governmental organisation created in November 2017, by 26 Rwandan Organisations Members. RCCDN is registered officially by the Rwanda Government Board (RGB) with the number 416/RGB/NGO/OC/06/2018. It has a strategic planning of 5 years from 2018 – 2022.
RCCDN Vision: Communities capable of coping with national and global climate challenges for sustainable development.
RCCDN’s Mission: The RCCDN has the mandate to ensure the coordination of the CSOs toward efficient engagement with policy makers at all levels. It has to be a lead network in Rwanda that advocates for community resilience to climate change, justice and equitable development.
- Build capacity of communities, network members and other stakeholders, necessary to adapt and mitigate the impacts of climate change in Rwanda.
- Lobby government and policy makers for climate-compliant development initiatives, enact and implement laws and policies that recognize climate change as a key driver to sustainable development.
- Engage cooperating partners, local and international stakeholders to take into account local climate concerns in the international instruments and development aid architecture.
- Establish accurate documentation and research on climate change response measures in Rwanda.
- Engage Rwandan negotiators to promote a just and equitable development outcome in the UNFCCC negotiations.
- Participate in local, national, regional and international climate change discourse